Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Grass IS Green



Things have been so busy lately! I guess that is what happens every year in the spring.


The gash on Willows leg is starting to harden up. It is still pink and fleshy, but in the early process of scabbing. I was told by my trainer to go to the local feed store and get a product for cows with mastitis (utter inflamation) called Today. Evidently it is an antibiotic, so whenever you have a puncture type wound, it helps clean it out. It has worked wonders so far, compaired to any other ointment I have tried on this wound! I think she must have gotten stuck in a bunch of branches on the ground in the woods. She has a bunch of superficial scratches under her legs and hind end. How do these horses manage to get into trouble...!!

On the riding end of things...Last week the mares were in season, and crazy! Now all is well and back to normal. Willow has been making great progress. She now walks around the whole ring instead of standing by the out gate and throwing her neck up and down. She is starting to get it, and realized she can trust me. She going the directions I tell her to go without a fight. We are even walking cavaletti! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will start trotting. She is learning so fast! Maybe by the fall, we will canter, but that is as far as we will go this year. Her knees are still wide open, so nothing to extraordinary!


Here are some new pictures of Willow, showing how much weight she has gained since I have gotten her, and how great her coat looks. I will post pics of when I first got her this weekend so you can compare! Enjoy!










And here is a picture of Lilly last March for our first Hunter Trial. I just cam across them on my computer. She was so excited and ready to go! But she was also well behaved!






No comments:

Post a Comment