Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Bumps in the Road

Things with Lilly have been kind of crazy! We have come to the conclusion that we cannot fight with her because she will fight back harder. She is out pretty much all the time, other than an hour in the a.m. and p.m. to eat. She is getting less pellets; just enough to get her supplement down. I am starting from the bottom up with her and treating her like a 2 year old. I have to sing her songs, do circles, work on transitions to keep her mind focused on me. Things were going well, then toward the end of the ride two Sundays ago, she tripped after a small jump and fell. I flew off...it seemed like slow motion. It took me a minute to get back up, but I did. Gave Lilly some love because I know she was shaken up too! After a few minutes, I got back on and jumped a few more jumps, to get our confidence back. Lilly had a few small scrapes on her shoulder and nose. I had a pretty bad one on my shoulder but I thought that was it. A few days later, I decided I should go to the doctor. Prognosis...bruised rib and a pinched nerve in my back. Yuck!!!

I have ridden a few times since the fall. Just flat work. I am still a bit sore. Lilly is still spooking at everything. I hope this gets better.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head up and lots and lots of patience. It will get better!!

    I really enjoy hearing about your horses and what you are doing with them! I have given you an award. Feel free to stop by my blog and pick it up!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of your kind words!

    ReplyDelete